What do the ratings mean?
|Excellent. Highly recommend.|
|Very Good. Exceeds expectations.|
|Good. Met expectations but did not exceed them|
|Fairly low opinion. Recommend only with reservations.|
|Extremely low opinion of this item. Would not recommend.|
|Never been rated. No recommendation available.|
|Color Coding:||Yellow - group rating. Blue - your rating. Grey - needs to be rated.|
If more than one user has rated an item, the system automatically averages the results.
Who rates items in the Catalog?
Anyone with a BPL Library card can rate items in the Catalog. The rating stars may appear in three different ways:
- If the item has never been rated by any Library user it will look like this:
- If you are logged in to the Catalog and have previously rated an item it will appear with blue stars:
- If an item has been rated by other Library users, or you are not logged in to Your Library Record, the stars will be yellow:
How can I rate an item in the Library Catalog?
To rate an item in the Catalog you must first Login to My Account.
If you are not logged in, you can click on a star in an item's record to get to the login screen. (If you use this path to login, it will be easier to return to the item you want to rate.)
Once you are logged in, you can rate an item by clicking on the specific star that represents your "vote." For example, to give an item four stars you would click on the fourth star:
How can I change a rating I have given to an item?
- If you are not already logged in, Login to My Account.
- Click on Ratings.
- Locate the item you want to change and click the star corresponding to the rating you would like to assign.
How long do my ratings stay in the Catalog?
Your ratings will remain in the Catalog and in your record until you delete them from the Ratings list. You may wish to keep items in your Ratings list as a way to keep track of your favorites or what you've borrowed in the past.